Please adhere to the following guidelines* so that we may keep the Trans Safe⚧Space Network (TSSN) forums running smoothly & with a minimal amount of drama as the supportive community it was created to be. Should any questions or issues arise regarding our posting policies, please feel free to Contact The TSSN Administrator or any Member of the TSSN Moderating Team. We will be happy to clarify and/or assist.
General Rules of Member Conduct
- No Registration of Multiple Accounts.
Each member is allowed only one TSSN account. Registering multiple accounts is not allowed, and may be subject to your account(s) being deleted if/when you are found to have created multiple accounts.
- Post In English.
TSSN is an English-as-first-language forum. If you are going to start a non-English thread on these forums, please also add an English translation of your post. Posts posted in any other language without an English translation will be subject to deletion with or without notice.
- Be Kind & Courteous.
We're all in this together to create a welcoming, supportive environment for all transgender people, our family, our friends & our allies. Neither insulting, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ageist posts, nor posts of personal attacks or purposeless hate are allowed here at TSSN. Let's treat each other with the respect we ourselves would want to be treated with. And remember: Kindness is a virtue!
- Bullying Will NOT Be Tolerated.
Bullying of any kind isn't allowed. Besides it's just plain mean. Degrading comments about things like race, religion, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated. Please use common sense with a modicum of empathy when interacting with your fellow TSSN members.
- Flaming & Trolling Is Strictly Forbidden.
TSSN'S NO TROLLING POLICY IS IN EFFECT. Along the lines of bullying, we generally take zero-tolerance stance toward those trolling or flaming others. Flaming is the act of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting, usually in the context of a social media on the internet. This type of harassment of fellow TSSN members will not be tolerated and may be subject to immediate banning. The TSSN Moderating Team reserves the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- No Gender Shaming.
Along the lines of flaming & trolling, intentional shaming of how one identifies or the pronouns one uses is not allowed here at TSSN. We are about supporting each other through our setbacks & failures, while applauding our successes. Everyone say LOVE!
- No Solicitations For Sex Or Hookup Requests.
TSSN is not a meat market. Let's try to keep it classy please. And while we do encourage friendship and genuine interactions, we insist that this be a space for insightful, informative, supportive discussions pertaining to trans issues & transitioning. There are many dating apps available for those of you who are looking for hookups.
- No Self-Promos, Advertising Or Spamming Please.
Spamming, advertising & posting of GoFund me promotions and the like are strictly forbidden and are not allowed here at TSSN. This includes abusing the TSSN Conversation, profile posting and other site functionality to spam other members. If your purpose in joining TSSN is to freely advertise or sale stuff or shamelessly self promote, then you are in the wrong place. We do have advertising opportunities available and will be happy to put your ad onsite. Please Contact The TSSN Administrator should you be interested in supporting TSSN through an advertisement campaign.
Posting your unsolicited personal website links in your posts & threads, the TSSN Live Chat and/or other areas may be considered SPAM and are subject to being deleted. If you have a personal website or social media account you seek to promote - You may place the link in your Forum Signature* or Edit Your Account Details to include your link(s).
- No Back Seat Moderating.
The TSSN Moderating Team will be monitoring the community as time allows. If you feel a post has violated posting policy - please report it rather than presume to mitigate the issue yourself. In short - Please leave the moderating to the TSSN Moderating Team. If you see a post which violates policy - please report it so that our staff can take appropriate action.
- Instant, No-Warning Ban For Inappropriate Conduct.
The TSSN Moderating Team are not here to play as your babysitter. Inappropriate behavior and/or comments will be met with warnings & infractions. If you accrue a certain amount of warning points - our system will issue an automated, no-warning ban which can only be removed at the discretion of the TSSN Administrator. Contact The TSSN Administrator should you have any questions about removing a ban.
Regarding Forum Etiquette
The "Golden Rule" of online communities: Take the time to reply to the posts of your fellow TSSN members. As in any give-and-take relationship - You get back what you put into it... Take the time to show love for others' transition journeys as you would want them to do for you!
- TSSN does not unnecessarily censor, but please use common courtesy along with common sense when interacting with your fellow forum members. (AKA: Treat people the way you would want them to treat you.)
- Select the most appropriate forum and/or topics for your post, and please post in only one forum. Cross-posting wastes our limited resources and will result in all duplicates being deleted. We have integrated a custom content discovery system here at TSSN so that members can easily reference content based on subject matter. So you have two ways in which to post your thread:
- The main forum index (Safe Haven) houses all available forums for posting. Select the forum most applicable to your post and click the "Post Thread" button to create a new thread in that section.
- The TSSN topics list houses the available list of topics for posting. Select the topic that applies to your post and click the "Post Thread" button to create a new thread under the selected topic.
You must select one main topic/subject for each posted thread. You can select up to 3 additional topics/subjects and your thread will also be listed under that particular topic(s) of interest. Select wisely please and help keep our safe haven free from clutter.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. The TSSN Moderating Team will bump your threads when necessary. Remember the golden rule of online message boards: You comment and show love for your fellow members' journeys, and so shall you be blessed!
- * While these guidelines cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently the TSSN Moderating Team reserves the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure that our safe haven is not disrupted or abused in any way.
- * Forum signatures may be used after 14 days of registration. Members with upgraded membership status are exempt from this 14-day signature delay policy. More information on upgrading your membership can be found on the Account Upgrades page. Donations can be made via our Donate To TSSN page.
- Members are responsible for reviewing the Trans Safe⚧Space Network Posting Policy. We reserve the right to modify these posting policies at any time. Your continued use of TSSN constitutes your agreement to accept these posting policies and acceptance of any future changes to these posting policies.
- We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the TSSN Posting Policy, as access to our safe haven is a privilege and not a right.
Last modified: May 21, 2019