Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

Elemental (haiku in 4) | poetry

Currently Reading Thread:
Elemental (haiku in 4) | poetry (1 Viewer)

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

elemental_haiku-in-4-png.642

A poem… Can anyone see the bold insinuation of me welcoming my authentic self to the world in this piece? :transflag: 🦋 :transflag:
Feel free to let me know what you think! So without further adieu:

Elemental (haiku in 4)

[Wind]
blow southward ol’ boy
blow now to the molten earth
blow swiftly: peace now.

[Earth]
lie downward ol’ boy
lie now; take your place in hell
lie: tombstone awaits.

[Fire]
burn westward ol’ boy
burn now you ashen heirloom
burn phoenix: begone.

[Water]
drip eastward ol’ boy
drip now molten tombstone heir
drip: your future awaits.

Copyright © Jacquii Cooke 2018

This piece actually has multiple layers of meaning though. Sincerely. It can be read/interpreted in a myriad of ways, and depending on how you do perceive it - it could be read as me offering nothing but an eloquent dismissal to a hater (Boy BYE!!! type of situation) ... OR it could be interpreted as I originally asked: as an obituary of sorts to my "boy" self, as seen by the words which appear on each line after the colon:

Peace now.
Tombstone awaits.
Begone.
Your future awaits.

I'm completely inspired by the awe of nature. Its power - its force - its beauty - its turmoils, etc... So this piece can also be read as a rather dark homage to Mother Nature in all her glory speaking to parts of her self... And I digress LOL. I wonder how you all read it and can you see the different facets of this very spontaneous write?
J.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)