Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

FtM - My story so far

Currently Reading Thread:
FtM - My story so far (1 Viewer)

ThtPrsnIsMe

Hi,
I'm Ashleigh, well at least that's my preferred name. I am a young girl who doesn't quite fit the same both inside and out. My parents are hardcore Christians and are transphobic, homophobic, basically LGBTQ+ phobic. It's really hard for me to have to go to church every weekend in a dress and being forced to live as a girl. I just wish I could show them who I am and hope for the best. I'm also a artist, cosplayer, active LGBTQ+ supporter, pansexual and a total meme lord.

Added:
Oh my fricken god I am so stupid, I accidentally wrote MtF over my whole damn thing. TO CLEAR UP. It's meant to be FtM. Lord I am stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs & Caring
Reactions: 1 user

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Hi ThtPrsnIsMe ThtPrsnIsMe. Welcome to the TSSN community Ashleigh. Very glad to have you here from Australia. Considering the lateness of this response to your intro thread, I'm compelled to say my sincerest apologies for the waaaaay delayed reply. Please see TSSN TIME! | Time for rebooting the community already!... for more information about the reasoning of why... The good news is that I am finally able to try to get this community active again! I hope you will feel free to participate.

And sorry to hear that you're in such an intolerant environment. Unfortunately way too many of our trans brothers & sisters experience something similar, if not from friends or family - from perfect strangers. And it's not an easy road. At all. I would only encourage you to remain strong in the confidence that YOU KNOW who you are at such a young age.

Have you tried broaching the topic with your parents? It can be a very sensitive and potentially harmful sort of discussion, especially for religiously devout people who are overtly homophobic/transphobic. I would recommend caution and patience.

No prob about the posting oops. I changed the title and topic selections for you. I hope you will come back and rejoin the conversation. I have some ideas that may help and so might others who have been in similar situation.

Wishing you love and all the best from East Tennessee.

J.

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Hey Ashleigh ... I also meant to add:

Some of the threads here will contain some mature content, but generally SFW (Safe for Work PG) type of environment that we're creating. If you see a post which goes against that SFW atmosphere (with the exception of informational/educational content of course...) please report it, as we want TSSN to be friendly for all ages and walks of life. Most all sections will be open to our younger members. There is also section -- with only a bit of content in it for now -- that may be of interest to you at Support For Parents Of Transgender Children ... There are a few other younger members here - and if the need arises - I'll be happy to create a dedicated forum specifically for a certain age group.

I would also like to ask how are things with your parents and you in general?

J.

ThtPrsnIsMe

ThtPrsnIsMe

Hey Ashleigh ... I also meant to add:

Some of the threads here will contain some mature content, but generally SFW (Safe for Work PG) type of environment that we're creating. If you see a post which goes against that SFW atmosphere (with the exception of informational/educational content of course...) please report it, as we want TSSN to be friendly for all ages and walks of life. Most all sections will be open to our younger members. There is also section -- with only a bit of content in it for now -- that may be of interest to you at Support For Parents Of Transgender Children ... There are a few other younger members here - and if the need arises - I'll be happy to create a dedicated forum specifically for a certain age group.

I would also like to ask how are things with your parents and you in general?

J.
Hello!
Thank you so much for your support. A little bit of an update, I came out to my Mum and she started ranting to me about how she accepts I am a tomboy but does not believe I am trans,as it is most likely just a phase or a 'trend'. I just looked at her and was like "a phase that lasts three years and counting?" but anyways, she hasn't brought it up again and I've come out to all of my sisters who helped me to get my first haircut for shorter hair! They also got me the boys school uniform which I broke down crying about I saw so happy. I've also got a binder that's being sent to a sibling's house which I am super excited to get!

So I am planning on coming out to both of my parents soon because I can't stand it any more. Whether they accept me or not, I just want them to know as it would take a lot of weight off my shoulder.

Once again, thank you and best wishes,
Ashleigh.

• Hugs & Caring
Reactions: 1 users

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Hello!
Thank you so much for your support. A little bit of an update, I came out to my Mum and she started ranting to me about how she accepts I am a tomboy but does not believe I am trans,as it is most likely just a phase or a 'trend'. I just looked at her and was like "a phase that lasts three years and counting?" but anyways, she hasn't brought it up again and I've come out to all of my sisters who helped me to get my first haircut for shorter hair! They also got me the boys school uniform which I broke down crying about I saw so happy. I've also got a binder that's being sent to a sibling's house which I am super excited to get!

So I am planning on coming out to both of my parents soon because I can't stand it any more. Whether they accept me or not, I just want them to know as it would take a lot of weight off my shoulder.

Once again, thank you and best wishes,
Ashleigh.
Well - that's actually great news Ashleigh - to have the support of your sisters. It obviously is a bit more difficult for some parents to accept. When I first told my Mom that I was a 'gay boy' ... She was not happy at all; she suggested too that it was just a phase and that I needed therapy. Which I did - but not for reasons she thought LOL.

She eventually came around quite quickly actually. She's been a great support system for me and quite accepting as for my trans status since a couple years after telling her about it. She actually came to see me perform in a drag show with a few of her friends. Had a great time.

So... Hopefully your mum and dad will eventually accept you for who you know yourself to be. It may take some time getting used to, because in a certain aspect - they may be mourning their daughter, so to speak. There's some interesting pieces posted in the forum - I'll try to get the links and share. They may be quite helpful to helping you really enunciate well how you feel about your trans status.

I'm so happy that you have a bit of a support system with your sisters though. And hopefully friends as well. That in itself is a victory. So congratulations. Also - you have a support system here at TSSN as well. Just need to get my -ish together and start promoting member activity and new member registration as I had planned on doing months ago. But there's lots of potential here.

Cheers lil bro. :transflag:

J.

• Love

G3ntl3man

Hi,
I'm Ashleigh, well at least that's my preferred name. I am a young girl who doesn't quite fit the same both inside and out. My parents are hardcore Christians and are transphobic, homophobic, basically LGBTQ+ phobic. It's really hard for me to have to go to church every weekend in a dress and being forced to live as a girl. I just wish I could show them who I am and hope for the best. I'm also a artist, cosplayer, active LGBTQ+ supporter, pansexual and a total meme lord.

Added:
Oh my fricken god I am so stupid, I accidentally wrote MtF over my whole damn thing. TO CLEAR UP. It's meant to be FtM. Lord I am stupid.
Hi Ashleigh,
I had a very similar experience growing up and the church my parents still go to is very lgbtq phobic but to maybe give you a small it gets better perspective my parents have really come around on accepting me as male. Stay true to yourself and people will either come along with you or not, the key is that you know yourself and don’t let anyone tell you who you are or are not. 🙂

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)