Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

Hello, and thanks for having me!

Currently Reading Thread:
Hello, and thanks for having me! (1 Viewer)

Katie

My name is Katie.

I love to read and write. I play the guitar. I am 54 years old. I am married and have two adult children whom I love dearly. I am a semi-retired professional, former professor, and a published author of both fiction and non-fiction trade books (under my "dead" name). I still write under that name though I have already raised with my publisher a desire to use my chosen name. So, by way of introduction, let's talk about that. The person who used that name is not "dead." I am not a "new" or different person than I was before I came out to myself. That was not a "former life." It was, and is very much a part of who an what I am. The only difference is that now when I walk past a mirror, I see the same person I've always seen in my head and I like what I see.

After much self-reflection, and years of therapy, I have become comfortable with calling myself queer. There are three scales I use to measure this: (1) identification; (2) orientation; and (3) presentation. I do not fall any where near the endpoints on any of these scales. I identify female probably in the 80% range; I am oriented probably 60% "not straight;" and (3) I present female 100% of my own time and probably 60% of time that is not my own. I believe that if I had to choose among the binaries, "female" would be more accurate than "male." Using the word "queer" sums all this up and that's all the explanation I generally care to give (obviously in groups that are limited to members of the community, such as this one, I don't mind going into greater detail.)

Please feel free to ask me anything. I am only to happy to participate and engage here.

Love and peace,
Katie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)