Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

Hello Everyone!

Currently Reading Thread:
Hello Everyone! (1 Viewer)

Stagehog81

Hello, my name is Evelyn. I'm a 39 year old trans woman who has been on HRT for a little over 4 years now. I knew from around age 5 or 6 that I identified myself more closely with girls than boys. I knew for sure that I was transgender when I was 11 years old and heard the word for the first time and realized that there were other people in the world that felt the same way I did. Unfortunately, due to my mom and step-dad being very homophobic and transphobic, I was forced to keep hiding who I was. Constantly having to pretend to be someone that I wasn't caused me to live a long time with depression and anxiety issues that continued to escalate until I got to the point where I had no other choice but to start living as my true self. Ever since I started my transition I have been a much happier and more confident person that I had ever been before.

Attachments

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Constantly having to pretend to be someone that I wasn't caused me to live a long time with depression and anxiety issues that continued to escalate until I got to the point where I had no other choice but to start living as my true self. Ever since I started my transition I have been a much happier and more confident person that I had ever been before.
Hi Stagehog81 Stagehog81 Evelyn. Welcome to the TSSN community. Great to have you onboard and posting. Thanks for the introduction, which I know only too well. Unfortunately many of our trans brothers and sisters have a very similar story to tell. I'm especially proud and happy for you this last sentence you've posted! YES!!! While transitioning and proudly proclaiming your transgender status as a women is extremely difficult and takes a great deal of strength to accomplish - it is definitely worthwhile and certainly has the penchant for improving your entire psyche. The closet is for clothes as I like to say - not for people to indulge and sulk in while trying to be what society expects them to be, when they innately understand who they are.

So I applaud you. And very happy to welcome you to TSSN.
Enjoy and cheers from East Tennessee. I look forward to getting to know you through your posts.

J.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marie Johnson New Member Introductions 1
Margo King New Member Introductions 3
M New Member Introductions 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)