Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

I am an ally.

Currently Reading Thread:
I am an ally. (1 Viewer)

efgrandi

I am struck by the injustice black trans women are suffering and being murdered.

I try to support the trans women as I can.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Hi efgrandi efgrandi and welcome to TSSN. Glad to have you here.

I was just in conversation with a friend about the recent murder of yet another black trans girl: Denali Stuckey. From all accounts she seemed a kind soul who certainly didn't deserve to be murdered at age 29.

And my take is that if transgender people in general would advocate on behalf of their own self interests and start to vocalize rather loudly their dismay at these murders - there would be betterment. But not everyone has such an activists mindset... At the same time - I argued that if friends, family and allies of transgender people vocalized their dismay - we as a loud, disappointed, angry group of citizens can effect change.

At anyrate - TSSN definitely welcomes allies. So again welcome! And excuse the new car smell. TSSN is quite new LOL. I'm excited about the potential of this community though. So stay tuned, make yourself at home and enjoy your stay.

Cheers from Tennessee.

J.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)