Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

Introduction

Currently Reading Thread:
Introduction (1 Viewer)

ReinePersephone

Hello. My name is Reine. I came out as MtF in 2018 & started HRT in March of 2019. I've known I was female my whole life & thanks to increased public awareness I finally learned about transitioning & that it was an achievable goal. I've never felt more comfortable.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Hi ReinePersephone ReinePersephone and welcome to the community. Glad to have you here.

And what a beautiful name. Might I ask how you chose that particular name and have you made it legal yet? And lovely pic. You remind me of a girlfriend of mine I haven't seen in a long time. The resemblance is uncanny actually - and I thought she was a really beautiful girl - inside and out.

And you're a Floridian? How's life for trans people down there in Florida? I'm in Tennessee - and ugh... It could be better. But my city is rather liberal in comparison to the rest of what could be considered the buckle of the bible belt LOL.

Also - nice to hear that you're happy. That in itself is a milestone achievement for many transgender people who simply are not able to live their whole truth and are basically living in misery. So happiness... Cheers to happiness!!! And again = Welcome. 🍷

J.

ReinePersephone

ReinePersephone

Hi ReinePersephone ReinePersephone and welcome to the community. Glad to have you here.

And what a beautiful name. Might I ask how you chose that particular name and have you made it legal yet? And lovely pic. You remind me of a girlfriend of mine I haven't seen in a long time. The resemblance is uncanny actually - and I thought she was a really beautiful girl - inside and out.

And you're a Floridian? How's life for trans people down there in Florida? I'm in Tennessee - and ugh... It could be better. But my city is rather liberal in comparison to the rest of what could be considered the buckle of the bible belt LOL.

Also - nice to hear that you're happy. That in itself is a milestone achievement for many transgender people who simply are not able to live their whole truth and are basically living in misery. So happiness... Cheers to happiness!!! And again = Welcome. 🍷

J.

Oops... Thank you, I'm glad to be here. I'm still figuring this site out. & Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I actually chose my name as a modification of my birth name "Raymond Steven" I chose Reine because it's unique and means "queen" & Is also a namred

Oops. Having some trouble using the site on my phone. In glad to be here & thank you for all the encouraging words. ☺ My name is actually a modification of my birth name, altered a little extra so i liked it more. I haven't changed it legally, but I can't wait to do that. Florida, well it hasn't been too bad. Surprisingly. I live in a very red county, but haven't had any poor treatment yet to speak of. Again, thank you for the awesome welcome.

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Uh ReinePersephone ReinePersephone - I hope the site isn't proving too difficult to use on phone. It's best viewed on desktop but has been designed to be compatible with devices as well. Perhaps a slight learning curve LOL... Just let me know if you have any questions about site functionality and I'll be happy to assist okay ;)

Oops... Thank you, I'm glad to be here. I'm still figuring this site out. & Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I actually chose my name as a modification of my birth name "Raymond Steven" I chose Reine because it's unique and means "queen" & Is also a namred

Oops. Having some trouble using the site on my phone. In glad to be here & thank you for all the encouraging words. ☺ My name is actually a modification of my birth name, altered a little extra so i liked it more. I haven't changed it legally, but I can't wait to do that. Florida, well it hasn't been too bad. Surprisingly. I live in a very red county, but haven't had any poor treatment yet to speak of. Again, thank you for the awesome welcome.
Yes! I thought there was some royalty to be translated in your name LOL. Which I absolutely adore btw. It's great. And interestingly enough - my middle name is "Kween" - obviously a twist on Queen. So hello my royal sister 👑

See the thread and vote in the poll at On (Re)Naming Yourself: How'd you choose your name? I think it'll be a really interesting discussion once we get this forum populated with active members. I discuss my own name change there. And I too haven't done so legally just yet - but it's definitely on the to-do list for the next couple months or so, especially having experienced the nightmare of proving my identity through Facebook in order to promote the TSSN project. As a FWIW ... Also see the Trans Lifeline link. They offer a small window each month for trans people to signup for micro-grants in which they offer monetary and legal assistance with name changes. Could be of help to ya!

I'm in Tennessee. A very red state. But my city is rather liberal in comparison to the rest of the state. So I know what you mean. It's like a bit of a love-hate relationship LOL. Thankfully not treated too badly - because I'd personally hate to have to bust somebody over the head for being an anti-trans smartass. Anyway - a pleasure to meet you my dear ;)

J.

ReinePersephone

ReinePersephone

Uh ReinePersephone ReinePersephone - I hope the site isn't proving too difficult to use on phone. It's best viewed on desktop but has been designed to be compatible with devices as well. Perhaps a slight learning curve LOL... Just let me know if you have any questions about site functionality and I'll be happy to assist okay ;)

Yes! I thought there was some royalty to be translated in your name LOL. Which I absolutely adore btw. It's great. And interestingly enough - my middle name is "Kween" - obviously a twist on Queen. So hello my royal sister 👑

See the thread and vote in the poll at On (Re)Naming Yourself: How'd you choose your name? I think it'll be a really interesting discussion once we get this forum populated with active members. I discuss my own name change there. And I too haven't done so legally just yet - but it's definitely on the to-do list for the next couple months or so, especially having experienced the nightmare of proving my identity through Facebook in order to promote the TSSN project. As a FWIW ... Also see the Trans Lifeline link. They offer a small window each month for trans people to signup for micro-grants in which they offer monetary and legal assistance with name changes. Could be of help to ya!

I'm in Tennessee. A very red state. But my city is rather liberal in comparison to the rest of the state. So I know what you mean. It's like a bit of a love-hate relationship LOL. Thankfully not treated too badly - because I'd personally hate to have to bust somebody over the head for being an anti-trans smartass. Anyway - a pleasure to meet you my dear ;)

J.
Pleasure meeting you as well. & Thank you for the recommendation. I cut my last reply short because I was having trouble for some reason, but with my middle name I figured feminizing Steven would be Stephanie, but I've known too many Stephanies, so i ended up with Persephone, which kinda rhymes 😂 & I really like the Greek character by that name.

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Ha! My birthname "Adonis" is the Greek God of beauty... I wanted to feminize it a bit and went with Adia ... At that time though some classmates would be low-key making fun of me by doing the Sheneneh Jenkins voice in my presence ((rolleyes)). You may recall the Martin Lawrence character Sheneneh from the Martin Lawrence Show:

And I loved the name - decide that AdiaCheneh it would be LOL
Gotta have humor about some stuff - gotta laugh, 'less you be a puddle of tears. I decided to laugh!

Feminizing the name Adonis literally would make me Aphrodite - so eh... LOL

J.

ReinePersephone

ReinePersephone

Pleasure meeting you as well. & Thank you for the recommendation. I cut my last reply short because I was having trouble for some reason, but with my middle name I figured feminizing Steven would be Stephanie, but I've known too many Stephanies, so i ended up with Persephone, which kinda rhymes 😂 & I really like the Greek character by that name.
9my problem is mostly that when my keyboard pops up i cant see the

Ha! My birthname "Adonis" is the Greek God of beauty... I wanted to feminize it a bit and went with Adia ... At that time though some classmates would be low-key making fun of me by doing the Sheneneh Jenkins voice in my presence ((rolleyes)). You may recall the Martin Lawrence character Sheneneh from the Martin Lawrence Show:

And I loved the name - decide that AdiaCheneh it would be LOL
Gotta have humor about some stuff - gotta laugh, 'less you be a puddle of tears. I decided to laugh!

Feminizing the name Adonis literally would make me Aphrodite - so eh... LOL

J.
I think it's necessary to have a sense of humor in every aspect of life for sure. IDK how else to do it. Aphrodite would have certainly been a unique name. 😄 I think you chose well though.

• Love

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

9my problem is mostly that when my keyboard pops up i cant see the
There will be a wee bit of a learning curve ReinePersephone ReinePersephone. But once you're familiar with the site functionality and typing in the provided forum formfield = It get's a bit easier - It's likely just a familiarity issue. If you have any suggestions on how to maybe better the mobile browsing experience - post a new thread in the TSSN Support Desk & Site Feedback section ;)

I think it's necessary to have a sense of humor in every aspect of life for sure. IDK how else to do it. Aphrodite would have certainly been a unique name. 😄 I think you chose well though.
Absolutely! If it weren't for my sense of humor - there's no way I would be still here living on earth. It's been said that the average lifespan of a black trans woman is 35 years old. I'll be 44 next month - so I joke a lot that I'm well beyond my prime LOL. BAD joke - but we shall see. Anyway - Thanks. I appreciate the moral support. Cheers.

J.

ReinePersephone

ReinePersephone

It's definitely a familiarity issue. Decreasing my keyboard size helped. I can see... & So does viewing it as a desktop site. My phone is just too small also. As you can see, i pretty much got it now. LoL

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Yeah - The site is best viewed on PC/laptop or devices with larger resolutions. It should show fine on the smaller devices - but when using elements like the formfield that require the keyboard - it takes up a bit more room on the screen. No way around that unfortunately. But hopefully it won't be too distracting from posting in the forums ... once the forums are actually active that is LOL

Hope you're having a good one ReinePersephone ReinePersephone ;)

J.

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Hope you're having a good one too. & Yes hopefully they pick up. It is 💯 the keyboards fault. Here's a screenshot to show you what I'm dealing with LMAO
Eh... I'm not doing too bad actually. Getting this promotional campaign together and hopefully will have some sponsors signing on soon. 🤗

And yup. Mine looks similar - but I think my screen may be quite a bit larger than yours. IDK. Is that an Apple device? Let me know because I *think* there may be a setting I can configure that'll make it so the main navigation menu doesn't stay locked at the top of the screen. I'm not sure - but I'll check on that and see it's possible to add an optional setting that you can configure through your settings.

I realize a lot of members are coming from social media via smaller resolution devices. So I want to make the browsing/posting experience as user-friendly as possible - so I'll definitely see about the additional setting. Thanks for providing that screencap! 💙

J.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S New Member Introductions 1