Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

Malik Yoba: ‘I Love ALL Women’ [Reveals he's attracted to transgender women...]

Currently Reading Article:
Malik Yoba: ‘I Love ALL Women’ [Reveals he's attracted to transgender women...] (1 Viewer)

Malik Yoba: ‘I Love ALL Women’ [Reveals he's attracted to transgender women...]

yoba_malik-ally-jpg.595

Malik Yoba expressed his support for the young man (in the video) who recently
committed suicide. Also, Yoba says that he too loves and is attracted to trans women.
Malik Yoba reveals he is attracted to transgender women while venting on the bullying/suicide of Maurice Willoughby, saying he be participating in Washington DC's Trans March.

Following the bold and fearless Jidenna speaking out against misconceptions and homophobia regarding the gay community in African and Black cultures, now actor Malik Yoba is also taking a stand for the LGBTQ+ community as it relates to our transgender sisters and brothers.
Excerpt of Jidenna's Words:

“The whole idea that Black people, and our tradition to be Black… You hear these African leaders who are dressed in three-piece suits, got an iPhone, speaking in English and not their native tongue are saying, ‘it’s unafrican to be homosexual, it’s unafrican… we don’t have it. That was brought as a European import.’ It’s not true. It’s not true at all.”

“You got Uganda, the kingdom of Buganda at the time… Before Uganda, there was an openly gay king. If you go to Zimbabwe… the bushmen as they call them, you’ll see homosexual acts in the Cape paintings. If you go to different communities in Africa, there was different rights of passage where if a woman was with a woman, or a man was with a man, they were thought to be more powerful. There was never a time where this didn’t exist, or where it was just hands down that homosexuals were wrong. That’s not actual an African thing, which means it’s not a Black thing.”

Under a video that shows Maurice Willoughby, a young man who committed suicide recently, being bullied for dating a trans woman, not only did Malik Yoba call the bullies out for being transphobic but he also made an intimate disclosure about himself. The Why Did I Get Married? actor revealed that he is also “trans-attracted.”

“I love ALL women AND count MYSELF among those that find themselves trans attracted and I too have felt the self imposed shame that comes with that truth but it’s time to speak up,” Yoba wrote in a lengthy post on Instagram. “It is NOT about GENITALIA OR SEX but about attraction to the soul and humanity of an individual and often the beauty that is in the courage and conviction to live ones truth! As a self identified cis heterosexual man I too am learning what it means to be trans attracted. Many of us famous and otherwise that have struggled with accepting our attraction so we do NOTHING.”

Yoba, 51, also shared his sadness about the way black men treat other black men who are attracted to and date trans women.

“The fact that he was trans attracted presumably meant that he had no safe space to go to find the support he needed to learn to navigate love of a woman of the trans experience in a world that constantly tells you you’re wrong.”

Willoughby committed suicide in August after a video of him being bullied about dating a trans woman went viral. According to reports, the 20-year-old became depressed and threatened that he would take his life and his girlfriend’s, Faith Palmer. Palmer then broke up with him and he later killed himself.

Yoba will be participating in the National Trans March on Washington D.C. The Why Did I Get Married actor said in his post he will be hosting a workshop titled, "Love + Trauma: The Trans Experience." The event will be a part of the D.C. march.

Community members, family & allies will march in solidarity with the trans community and fight for equality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)