Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

Currently Reading Thread:
Me being myself for once (1 Viewer)

Countreeanncoon

Hello my name is country and Coon at least that's how I go by I'm a transitioning male to female trans woman I like to introduce myself and say hello and thank you for letting me join I hope to have a good relationship with anybody and everybody Trans on this site. I'm looking for friends resources help therapies places to go and where I could possibly get on my HRT that accept Medi-Cal if anybody has any information please feel free to drop me a line I am a married woman and my life partner is okay with this transition I'm doing in my life

Reactions: 1 user

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Well howdy hi Countreeanncoon Countreeanncoon and welcome to TSSN.

Medi-Cal? I suppose you're a resident of California? I must admit ... I'm not at all familiar with Medi-Cal and what procedures/medications/etc... that they cover. I'll do a wee bit of research a bit later tomorrow afternoon and will report back with my findings. I've heard that California is quite the friend of the LGBTQ community. Perhaps Medi-Cal covers the bulk of transgender surgical procedures available. I know there are certain states whose insurance programs do cover transgender transition procedures.

As for HRT - There are plenty of doctor's out there who will be more than happy to see you as a patient - even if you have no insurance. Some of them are actually quite reliable, inexpensive and are familiar with prescribing HRT meds, monitoring your levels so that they are in safe range. Have you done any research as for your particular area? You might be surprised at the number of doctors who'd be willing to assist with your transition.

I know I was. And I know that I am. And I'm in the great bible-belt state of Tennessee.

At anyrate - Welcome.
I look forward to getting to know you a bit better.

J.

Reactions: 1 user

Countreeanncoon

Countreeanncoon

Well howdy hi Countreeanncoon Countreeanncoon and welcome to TSSN.

Medi-Cal? I suppose you're a resident of California? I must admit ... I'm not at all familiar with Medi-Cal and what procedures/medications/etc... that they cover. I'll do a wee bit of research a bit later tomorrow afternoon and will report back with my findings. I've heard that California is quite the friend of the LGBTQ community. Perhaps Medi-Cal covers the bulk of transgender surgical procedures available. I know there are certain states whose insurance programs do cover transgender transition procedures.

As for HRT - There are plenty of doctor's out there who will be more than happy to see you as a patient - even if you have no insurance. Some of them are actually quite reliable, inexpensive and are familiar with prescribing HRT meds, monitoring your levels so that they are in safe range. Have you done any research as for your particular area? You might be surprised at the number of doctors who'd be willing to assist with your transition.

I know I was. And I know that I am. And I'm in the great bible-belt state of Tennessee.

At anyrate - Welcome.
I look forward to getting to know you a bit better.

J.

I've done research on HRT out here the problem is I can't seem to get to that area I live in Yuba City California and I don't have a vehicle to get to and from unless you consider a motorcycle that is 3 months back on registration of vehicle but other than that I am walking everywhere I cannot seem to find a doctor or therapist or anybody I need out here in Yuba City California to get what I what I need done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)