Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

My story

Currently Reading Thread:
My story (1 Viewer)

Janet sluis

Hello my name is Janet I am a 48 year old transgender woman I started my transition at 46. I knew at age 6 that I was a female and came out first then. I went to Catholic schools my whole life and after saying I wish I was a girl I was bullied for 3 years till I went to another school.
At 17 I was so depressed about being stuck in a man's body I tried to kill myself and was brought to a psych hospital. There I came out to a nurse who asked why I was so depressed and then was put through conversion therapy.
Tonescapectge guilt I felt from conversion therapy I tried to be the most alpha male possible so I joined the infantry, got married and had kids. It didn't work but I felt more trapped than ever.
I am currently in the hospital in Montreal after my grs surgery going home tomorrow. I feel so much happier now. I've been on hormones for 3cyears now and had my boon job in March.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Hi Janet sluis Janet sluis and welcome to TSSN. It's a pleasure to have you here!

There I came out to a nurse who asked why I was so depressed and then was put through conversion therapy.
OMG. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It's 2019 and many states have banned are in the process of banning conversion therapy. It has proven to be tortuous and simply does not work. A person inherently is who they are. The options are to accept yourself for who you are and be authentic to that OR try to fit someone else's mold of who they *expect* you to be.

That being said- WOW! Congrats. It seems you've come a long way and have achieved a level of success that most can only dream of. I hope you will stick around. Your valuable insight -- especially as a post-op trans woman -- will be most appreciated. For instance - I'm curious - who's your surgeon and where was your operation performed. We have a place here on TSSN for you to post testimonials on doctors. See Medical Doctor Testimonials ... And hopefully our Post-op GRS Support Discussion section will eventually be filled with content that I'm sure your learned insight will be welcomed.

Congrats again on the surgery. Here's wishing you a speedy and issue-free recuperation.

J.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)