Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

San Antonio Trans Woman & Her Father Appear in National Ad Campaign About Acceptance

Currently Reading Article:
San Antonio Trans Woman & Her Father Appear in National Ad Campaign About Acceptance (1 Viewer)

San Antonio Trans Woman & Her Father Appear in National Ad Campaign About Acceptance

zyrie_price-transgender-jpg.412

San Antonio natives, transgender model and advocate Jessica
Zyrie and her father Dwayne Price.
Acceptance: the action or process of being received as adequate or suitable, typically to be admitted into a group.

This is an issue people experience on a daily basis. However, some groups of people experience a more intense path to acceptance, like the LGBTQ+ community. Within the community, there are 1.4 million transgender people in the U.S. alone, according to a 2015 survey.

Acceptance – it is the theme of a recent national ad organized by GLADD and Absolut Vodka.

In the partnership, Absolut committed to honoring the past 50 years of Pride by "paying homage to the people, protests, and protagonists who have taken a stand alongside the LGBTQ community fighting for visibility and acceptance."

In doing so, Absolut and GLAAD released a campaign video last month called “Celebrating Trans Acceptance,” starring San Antonio natives, transgender model and advocate Jessica Zyrie and her father Dwayne Price. The video showcases what it means for a father to be accepting and loving of his trans child:

According to a KSAT 12 report, Zyrie took the first steps to live her truth at the age of 16:
Zyrie at 16 took the first steps to becoming the person she always wanted to be.

"I started to express myself in ways that were natural to me because this is who I am, but it took me many years to get to a point to realize that this was an option," Zyrie said.

As a parent, Price, always supported her decisions but was nervous about how others would react.

"I was just worried about her well-being the whole time, you know," Price said. "I was a little worried about how her classmates and how everyone would receive her."

The father-daughter duo hope that sharing their story will help other families who are going through the same situation.

Zyrie has thrived since transitioning, finding work as a model that has even resulted in magazine cover features and runway appearances at New York Fashion Week, one of the fashion industry's most coveted events.

Keep up with Zyrie by following her on Instagram and Twitter.

Source: San Antonio Current

Comments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)