Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

Seeing Gender Doctor Friday...what questions shall I ask?

Currently Reading Thread:
Seeing Gender Doctor Friday...what questions shall I ask? (1 Viewer)

Margo King

I'm seeing a Gender Dr. I know i'll be asking questions on HRT.
I'm not fully out as a female just yet. I hope HRT would help me with my 'mindset' and lead me to the path of being female.
any suggestions?

• Hugs & Caring
Reactions: 1 user

Stefanie Pest

You might want to become familiar with the WPATH Standards of Care Version 7. Your Dr may ask for a letter from a therapist or may prescribe hormone therapy with informed consent. Which means you understand what you're asking for and what outcome you're looking for. You wish to feminize your body, ask how the Dr can help you do that.

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

I'm seeing a Gender Dr. I know i'll be asking questions on HRT.
I'm not fully out as a female just yet. I hope HRT would help me with my 'mindset' and lead me to the path of being female.
any suggestions?
HRT will definitely change your perspective: emotionally, psychologically, physically and in a myriad of other ways. In fact - many trans women start their journey with HRT before starting to present as female. For me - I credit HRT for having "fixed" my once diagnosis of a chemical imbalance. It has been a life-altering experience for the better. My only regret is that I waited so long to jump on the HRT bandwagon.

Luckily you are in New York...? There are many physicians there who would be happy to help, NY being one of the more liberal and trans-welcoming states in the union. My suggest is search via net or try the yellow pages for 'hormone replacement therapy - new york'

HTH ;)

J.

You might want to become familiar with the WPATH Standards of Care Version 7. Your Dr may ask for a letter from a therapist or may prescribe hormone therapy with informed consent. Which means you understand what you're asking for and what outcome you're looking for. You wish to feminize your body, ask how the Dr can help you do that.
S Stefanie Pest - Nice post. Thanks for sharing the info!
WPATH's SOC can be found at Standards of Care - WPATH World Professional Association for Transgender Health btw. It's definitely a great starting point to knowing all about HRT and the specific care protocols recommended by medical professionals! A great resource, which I'll add to TSSN's resources.

J.

Attached for your convenience ;)
Oops! Your browser doesn't support PDF viewing!

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

So far, i am on an estrogen patch, twice a week.
Hmmmm. I know a lot of our sisters have used the estrogen patch and have seen good results. I'm not too familiar with it unfortunately - so can't really comment. Have you been prescribed any testosterone blockers and/or progesterone to accompany the patch?

J.

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

no, not yet. they want to see how my levels go with this first
Quite the tentative start... But also smart in a certain sense, because it shows that your doctor understands the importance of keeping you safe, as HRT is to be tailored to each individual. How long have you been on HRT btw?

J.

Margo King

Margo King

I'm using since February. I now was upped to two patches a week

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

I'm using since February. I now was upped to two patches a week
Sounds like your doctor is doing the due diligence in monitoring your levels for safety reasons. That's a good thing actually! And the sign of a doctor who cares about your well-being. I started on pills and the dosage was upped very gradually, with a T-blocker and progesterone prescribed as well. I started Estradiol Valerate injections about 5 months ago and only regret is that I didn't begin my HRT journey with the injections. Had a bit of a needle phobia = Now I'm a junkie for what I like to call my favorite juice LOL :ROFLMAO:

J.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)