Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

Transphobic Teenage boy kicked in the groin during ANTI-TRANS bathroom protest

Currently Reading Article:
Transphobic Teenage boy kicked in the groin during ANTI-TRANS bathroom protest (1 Viewer)

Transphobic Teenage boy kicked in the groin during ANTI-TRANS bathroom protest

A teenage boy who staged an anti-trans protest in the girls’ bathroom in his school got kicked in the groin by a female student.

The boy—who has not been named—went into the girls’ bathroom in “protest” with other students in North Pole High School, Alaska, after a trans boy took a selfie in the boys’ toilet.

School superintendent Dr. Karen Gaborik said in a statement released yesterday (April 15) that some boys in the school were upset “about the public nature of the post and the restroom use” by the trans student.

kicked-gif.57
Anti-trans protest leader wrote to friends: ‘Tomorrow identify as a women [sic]’

The protest was reportedly planned through Snapchat, according to a screenshot obtained by Buzzfeed, with the group’s leader writing to friends: “Tomorrow identify as a women [sic] and use the women’s bathroom if you want this s**t to end.

“My foster dad called the school and they said they camt [sic] do anything because she identify as men [sic] so if we identify as Women and use the girls bathroom we are set so let’s do it, don’t do it to be a asshole we are doing it to boycot [sic] this bulls**t.”

kicked2-gif.59

When the day of the anti-trans protest arrived, the group of seven boys tried to enter the girls’ bathroom to stage their protest, but encountered a female student who was trying to leave. She kicked the group’s leader in the groin and the other boys ran away. The seven boys have been disciplined, but the girl who kicked one of them in the groin has been expelled indefinitely.

The girl’s sister tweeted last week: “My sister was expelled for kneeing a guy in the dick after he was blocking her in the WOMENS bathroom.”

The girl—who has also not been publicly named—will appeal her expulsion at a school district hearing this week. She will be appealing her expulsion at a hearing with the school district scheduled later this week, her sister told BuzzFeed News. The family did not want to identify the girl pending the district's decision on the appeal.

"We do not advocate physical or psychological violence as a means to attain safety," Gaborik said in her statement. "If a student uses force against another student or against staff, that use of force is evaluated for potential discipline under the self-defense laws of the State and the facts and circumstances of the incident."

The school district's investigation found that there was no evidence that the boys threatened other students or used force against anyone.
Gaborik told the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner that the boy who was kicked in the groin was referred for medical treatment by a school health aide, but that "it wasn't like a 911 call." The boy was not immediately available for comment.

The school clarified its policies around transgender students using bathrooms of their choice

anti_trans_bathroom_protest_2-jpg.58
In yesterday’s statement, Dr Gaborik said there was no “evidence that the male students were threatening any student or using any type of force toward other students.”

The statement also clarified the school’s position around transgender students using bathrooms of their choice.

Gaborik said that staff at North Pole High School have known of at least 16 transgender students in the past three years. She added that there are "numerous" transgender students and staff members in the school district. “When a student identifies as transgender in our district, the student (and often the family) work with school counselors and administration to determine how to best meet that student’s educational needs. The conversation includes use of restrooms.

“Some students choose to use ‘gender neutral’ restrooms. These are typically restrooms in or near the main office or the nurse’s office, or single-person restrooms at various locations around the school that have been identified for student use. Some continue to use the restroom of their birth gender. Other transgender students use restrooms that correspond to their gender identity. Each situation is addressed individually.”

"The entire school community needs to work together to ensure that all students feel welcomed, safe and are able to learn and thrive," Gaborik said. "We recognize that parents, students and members of our community feel strongly about these issues, but advocating for the use of violence does not contribute to a safe learning environment."

In a Facebook comment about the incident, the girl who kicked the boy defended her actions saying,

"These guys (and men some were 18) came into the female bathroom and scared me. And in a reaction I kneed him. I didn't even know what I did till after. I was scared. There was no way for me to leave the bathroom or I would have."
The incident came to light on Friday when a Republican state representative of North Pole, Tammie Wilson, said she supported the girl's use of force against the boy, during an unrelated news conference.

"I don’t care why the boys were in the bathroom,” Wilson said at the news conference. "I heard there was some kind of protest going on, but doesn't matter. I just wanted to make sure I had this opportunity to tell those young ladies at North Pole High School... if you ever feel threatened for your safety, whatever force you think you have to give, I will stand behind you. And so will our community."

Last edited:

Comments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)