Jacquii Cooke ( MsJacquiiC) welcomes you to TSSN.
I'm Jacquii, a native Tennessean MtF Trans Woman, with the pronouns she/her/hers and I've created the TSSN Community as an info hub, safe haven & support system for transgender people, our family, our friends & our allies. So whether you were AMAB (Assigned Male At Birth) and identify as a Male to Female (MtF) Trans Woman or if you were AFAB (Assigned Female At Birth) and identify as a Female to Male (FtM) Trans Man ... Whether you are Non-Binary, Gender-fluid, Binary or any of the myriad of identities in between, as long as you are a friend to the LGBTQ community - you are welcome here.
As such, I am exquisitely happy to welcome you to Trans Safe⚧Space Network: A community made exclusively by us - for us - developed with our pursuit of happiness in mind!
I envision TSSN blossoming into a wonderful community specifically dedicated to providing an informative support system for MtF/FtM transgender people and those who support us.
There are many forums available for posting. See the main forum index (referred to here & linked in the main navigation menu as the Safe Haven) for the complete list. Once registered - be sure to make your first post in our New Member Introductions section. Also - be sure to visit our Member Map and add your pin. We look forward to seeing transgender people represented from all over the globe!
Topic List. There is a list of other important TSSN links at the end of this post, as well as in the footer of all site pages.
We're excited about opening the doors to new member registration. We want to see and appreciate your transitions! So we've created a place where you can upload and share your before, during and after transition pictures. See the Member Gallery section of TSSN to create your photo album(s) and share the beautiful people that you were destined to become. The Member Gallery will also host a myriad of trans-related media. If you've found an important video regarding trans issues - Feel free to share with the community as we continually uplift each other through information share and collegial support.
This Trans Journey thing is not an easy one by any stretch of the imagination. I came out my junior/senior year high school back in 1991-1992 and started presenting as female full-time in 1994. This was obviously before even the mere word "transgender" was anywhere near being a mainstream terminology. Transitioning in the buckle of the bible-belt amidst a very conservative-leaning group of East Tennesseans presented its own special set of challenges. I mean - it's 2019 and just earlier this month a group of transgender Tennessee natives has sued the state so that we can legally change our gender markers on our birth certificates so they match our gender identity.
So I know & understand well the struggles that we as trans people go through.
Yet - I am here to say that we are not alone!
We are especially not alone when we come together in a safe space to declare that indeed #TransRightsAreHumanRights and that we #WontBeErased as we #LiveColorfully here at TSSN. And I'm more than thrilled to provide such a space.
I hope you all will enjoy becoming a part of the TSSN community as we share our journeys, our struggles, our disappointments AND our triumphs in our ultimate goal of becoming our most authentic selves, while proudly embracing ourselves as unashamed transgender individuals.
Cheers from the great state of Tennessee.
Here is a list of some of TSSN's features:
IMPORTANT TSSN LINKS
- TSSN's Live Colorfully & Visibly Trans TransPride! Shop | Support TSSN by purchasing merch from our TransPride! Shop.
- Live Colorfully! collection | A set of inspirational quotes from prominent transgender people and our allies.
- TSSN Posting Policy | Our community rules & posting policies.
- Home Articles Info Hub | A comprehensive list of articles of interest to the transgender community.
- Support Forums (aka The Safe Haven) | The main index of available forums for posting.
- Topics List | Discover content easily by selecting thread topics.
- Latest Activity Feed | A FB-like feed of all TSSN's latest activity.
- Trending Threads | See a list of today's trending threads.
- Trans Resources | Downloadable resources of relevance to the transgender community.
- Member Gallery | Member photo albums and TSSN media gallery.
- TSSN Member Map | View registered members' location on our member map.
- Member Trophies | Trophies are awarded for meeting specific posting requirements.
- Upgrade Your Membership | Support TSSN by upgrading your membership.
- Donate To TSSN | Support TSSN by making a donation via your account or anonymously.
- TSSN Live Chat | Chat Live with fellow TSSN Members. [Only available for Premium & Gold VIP usergroups]
Here is a list of some of our favorite reads:
- A Guide To Transgender Visibility
- *Sorta* Comprehensive List of LGBTQ+ Vocabulary Definitions
- Transgender Army members talk new military policy on 'The View': 'If you’re transgender you’re simply not welcome'
- A Guide to Gender & Sexuality Terminology
- Hormones: A guide for MTFs
- 10 transgender athletes explain why it’s fair to compete
- [POLL] Transgender people are born that way, a new study has found
- [POLL] Deadname: What is deadnaming and how can you stop the habit?
- 5 Trans Men YouTubers Offer Dating Advice
- Second Puberty 101 | What to Expect When You’re Expecting Boobs
- ‘We are not at a place of acceptance or equality for trans people,’ says psychologist
- A Trans Military Ban Will Not Erase Me
Some TSSN settings you'll want to adjust:
1.3 MB Views: 105
136 KB Views: 234
47.5 KB Views: 1,774