Trans SafeSpace Network
A Transgender Info Hub A Transgender Safe Haven And A Transgender Support Community. A Transgender Pride Shop. #LiveColorfully At TSSN #WontBeErased #TransRightsAreHumanRights Welcome. Please Register And Enjoy!

What an incredible journey so far.

Currently Reading Thread:
What an incredible journey so far. (1 Viewer)

Stefanie Pest

My journey, in hindsight began around the age of 7, I'm 58 now. Back then there was no language to describe what I was experiencing, let alone tell someone. I was AMAB, but noticed that I didn't feel comfortable as a boy. Having a younger sister, I found that if I would try on her clothes, that feeling would dissipate, but it would always be in private.
Fast forward, crossdressing was what I did till I was 46 years old, all during puberty, high school, college, marriage. But then I learned the language, through the internet, that there are transgender people. In fact, I was also transgender. So, 12 years ago I began my transition, with the support of my wife.
About 6 years ago, started hormone therapy. I know, it took that long to work up the courage to approach our family doctor. But at the beginning, I decided to take baby steps. We have two boys, who where in university, so decided to keep it to ourselves till they both finished. The oldest son is married to a wonderful woman we consider our daughter. In 2016, so that was 3 years ago, when we told our children, that I am transgender and will be living my authentic life from now on. Along with my wife, they are my greatest supporters.
Now in the three years living as Stefanie, much has happened. I became an advocate and activist for our trans community. In Windsor, Ontario, I was one of many founding members of the newly created WE Trans and Allied Support, an agency devoted to support transgender people and their allies. I became active in my workplace union on the LGBTQ, Women's and Human Rights Committees. On the political level, I am now the Ontario NDP LGBTQ Committee Co-chair. It's been so fulfilling, to represent our community on so many levels.
There is still much work to do, so looking forward to continuing this journey with my family and allies by my side. Love and hugs.♥

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

MsJacquiiC

TSSN Webmistress

Hi S Stefanie Pest! How exciting to have you here. First = Welcome to the TSSN community. 2nd = Thanks so much for all you do for the LGBTQ+ community. It's greatly appreciated. I love that and continue to believe that the more visibility and proud representation we have for our community = the more equality disparities as concerns trans will be lessened. In short - I think if at all possible that all transgender people should be activists on behalf of our community's and our own individual self interests.

Congratulations on your transition btw. It really takes courage to begin the process. For many of us - it's not possible - so I applaud all trans people who are able to transition to their most authentic selves. And your wife has supported your transition? Far too many transition stories include that painful "divorce" word - so it's nice that you have the support of your wife and family. Kudos!

I've just visited both the WE Trans And Allied Support & Ontario NDP sites... Nice stuff. In fact - I'll soon be looking for contributors/advertisers/sponsors for TSSN, as well as those interested in exchanging links. So I may reach out to them to see if they're interested in sponsoring some contest ideas I have for driving member registration and participation up.

Speaking of which - Feel free to invite your friends and colleagues to join.
Here's wishing you much continued success and will be looking forward to getting to know you more through your posts here at TSSN.

Cheers from Tennessee.

J.

Reactions: 1 user

Margo King

Stefanie, you sound much like me! we are of similar age, too!

As a young boy, I wore my briefs backwards.. and this was way before i knew a true difference between the sexes.

When we traveled to my cousins house, as a teen, I wore their clothes, but in private.
I made a skirt out of shorts I wore at home after school, before anyone came home.

I also had a summer job of caring for someone's home while on vacation. For a month, I was inside and trying on the wife's clothes!
No, im not proud of sneaking around...it is an invasion, but I had no other choice at the time.

I like comic books, and superheroes. I saw Wonder Woman when first on TV...and I didn't want to BE WITH her...I wanted to BE HER! I knew this was an odd response. I was 'queer'. But i kept it to myself.
I didn't date in school, and married at age 30..I was a virgin until i met my wife.
Now, she doesn't wish to help or aid me in this journey. Im afraid to lose my family.

But regardless how I "look" I still consider myself a woman.

S

Stefanie Pest

Stefanie, you sound much like me! we are of similar age, too!

As a young boy, I wore my briefs backwards.. and this was way before i knew a true difference between the sexes.

When we traveled to my cousins house, as a teen, I wore their clothes, but in private.
I made a skirt out of shorts I wore at home after school, before anyone came home.

I also had a summer job of caring for someone's home while on vacation. For a month, I was inside and trying on the wife's clothes!
No, im not proud of sneaking around...it is an invasion, but I had no other choice at the time.

I like comic books, and superheroes. I saw Wonder Woman when first on TV...and I didn't want to BE WITH her...I wanted to BE HER! I knew this was an odd response. I was 'queer'. But i kept it to myself.
I didn't date in school, and married at age 30..I was a virgin until i met my wife.
Now, she doesn't wish to help or aid me in this journey. Im afraid to lose my family.

But regardless how I "look" I still consider myself a woman.
Margo, thank you for sharing. Yes, we are driven to find respite from that feeling of wrongness. In our younger years I suppose we took advantage of our circumstances. I am sad to hear about your wife, perhaps with time and a greater understanding of the transgender community, she will become more supportive.
You were born female, Margo, just wrongly assigned as male. You are a woman. All the best, love and hugs.♥

Margo King

being assigned male, I have done a lot as a man. I am glad my son was born (since i could not give birth)

But i was a bad sex partner. I'm a receiver, not a giver, if you understand.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Trans_Audyssey Girl New Member Introductions 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)